Americana Stories in a Musical Landscape
“LOUD thoughts for Quiet People, QUIET thoughts for Loud People”
What happens when you give quiet introspective stories to a loud extroverted Musician. The 3rd Album from husband and wife duo ArtemesiaBlack is a lush atmospheric adventure in Americana influenced story telling of ghosts, dreams and the human condition.
The husband-wife duo was born of a chance meeting between Sabiné Heusler, a German born Australian, and Kenny Schick, a native of the San Francisco Bay Area. Sabine’s songs are born of feelings and introspective glances into both tranquil and turbulent moments in timelessness. Kenny’s life long music career brings a wide pallet of sounds and experience.
Besides residing on opposite sides of the planet, their backgrounds and life stories were also opposite in many ways: Sabiné is a quiet introvert whose life consisted of constant movement and upheaval. Music and songwriting for her was a quiet and private experience that was savored in alone times (and still is). Kenny is a boisterous extrovert who played several instruments in many bands in front of large crowds and lived the whole of his life in the Bay Area.
A true story of opposites attracting, their music weaves together diverse experiences into a tapestry that has both delicacy and strength, and is a perfect fabric for anti-mainstream misfits to wrap themselves in. It is perfect music for contemplation in one’s own environment. It is story telling, often ghost stories and it is music that doesn’t like to compete with the noisy outside world. It is music that loves one on one conversations with people from many walks of life.
ArtemesiaBlack is: Sabine Heusler-Schick & Kenny Schick – husband and wife duo.
Sabine writes the lyrics, melodies, sings, plays guitar & banjouke, orchestration.
Kenny plays all the music/instruments, orchestration, vocals, produces, records, mixes and masters their recorded projects.
NEW CD – GRAVITY!!
itunes – https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/artemesiablack/id429757030
spotify – https://open.spotify.com/artist/5She7zoxpQKVZrZFsKtujV?si=SYBzeItZRqS99P1gHcg2wg
bandcamp – https://artemesiablack.bandcamp.com/
amazon – https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ArtemesiaBlack&i=digital-music&search-type=ss&ref=ntt_srch_drd_B004URH34K
pandora – https://www.pandora.com/artist/artemesiablack/gravity/ALZlw44nq7lrkrq
basement3productions youtube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9R9vWpMXfKycPxjWPUnyMg
ArtemesiaBlack youtube – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lAWQWXZTHJu07p62K0DvTPlAJYINQQe0U
facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/artemesiablackmusic/
twitter – https://twitter.com/artemesiablack
cdbaby – https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/ArtemesiaBlack1
Kenny’s Personal Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/kenny.schick
Sabine’s Personal Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SabineHeuslerSchick
ABOUT EACH SONG on ‘GRAVITY’
1. Gravity – we are all unique but there is one thing that we all have in common – gravity. Also gravity is about how we all have flaws, some obvious some not so much, so we should be kinder to each other knowing that we are all but human, bound by something unseen – gravity.
2. Oh No – is a song that’s gone through a few changes, it started out being called Hell on Wheels, inspired by the tv show. It’s a song about not letting ‘the man’ break you in being a happy human. I might work hard but there are somethings that you cannot take from me, there is my soul that is only my own.
3. Drive – is really about being free and even though we might get ‘left’ by someone we can chose to just move on to another life, another way to be. Drive is both about leaving something bad behind and driving towards something better. It’s kind of a breakup story.
4. Before I met you – I was cool, believe it or not. You would have love me… sometimes in a relationship we lose the love you once had for one another, its a song about remembering when you loved someone, how you felt about them. Being in this relationship has changed both of you… for the worst and now you don’t love that person…
5. Devil’s in the Details – the concept of looking for the fountain of youth, and sometimes things are not as black and white as we’d like them to be…
6. Mercy – you cannot control nature, nature controls.
7. Stars – a moment in time when you realize just how small you are in the scheme of things but also how amazing you are in the scheme of things…
8. Goodbye – they are so hard especially when they are a forever goodbyes. The last words I said to my father… “this is the last time I say goodbye” – the words left my mouth and all the lights went out, it was both horrifying and comical at the same time, the last joke we shared.
9. DAWG – domestic violence can be subtle to the outside world, it’s sometimes just one moment of being witness to it, to the one experiencing it, it can creep up and grow until it becomes part of life, and then it’s the end. This is a story about a woman who realizes her situation too late.
10. Love is Slow Motion – sometimes love comes slowly, slowly enough to be witness to it, and when you then recall the moment, it was just one little moment in time. Maybe when you are older and love comes it comes more slowly.
11. Winter – the tale came one evening, it floated through the open door one winter… so they would not be forgotten.
All music © all rights reserved 2019 Sabine Heusler-Schick & Kenny Schick