Americana Stories in a Musical Landscape
“LOUD thoughts for Quiet People, QUIET thoughts for Loud People”
Description: Americana Duo – Story Telling – Theatrical – Soundtracks
What happens when you give quiet introspective stories, to a loud extroverted Musician? The 3rd Album titled Gravity by ArtemesiaBlack is an atmospheric adventure to delight the senses.
ArtemesiaBlack’s Gravity album, of lush harmonies, experimental instrumentation, moody and thoughtful stories explores human consciousness, and gives introspective glances at both tranquil and turbulent moments of life. A true story of opposites attracting, their music weaves together diverse experiences into a tapestry of both delicacy and strength. The perfect fabric for anti-mainstream misfits to wrap themselves in. Gravity is for contemplation and immersion and to keep at bay, for a moment, the noisy outside world.
ArtemesiaBlack is a husband and wife duo Sabine and Kenny Schick. Their hearts joined from opposite sides of the world, Australia (Sabine) and USA (Kenny Schick) and now together based in Nashville, TN.
ArtemesiaBlack is: Sabine Heusler-Schick & Kenny Schick – husband and wife duo.
Sabine writes the lyrics, melodies, sings, plays guitar & banjouke, orchestration.
Kenny plays all the music/instruments, orchestration, vocals, produces, records, mixes and masters their recorded projects.
NEW CD – GRAVITY!!
itunes – https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/artemesiablack/id429757030
spotify – https://open.spotify.com/artist/5She7zoxpQKVZrZFsKtujV?si=SYBzeItZRqS99P1gHcg2wg
bandcamp – https://artemesiablack.bandcamp.com/
amazon – https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ArtemesiaBlack&i=digital-music&search-type=ss&ref=ntt_srch_drd_B004URH34K
pandora – https://www.pandora.com/artist/artemesiablack/gravity/ALZlw44nq7lrkrq
basement3productions youtube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9R9vWpMXfKycPxjWPUnyMg
ArtemesiaBlack youtube – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lAWQWXZTHJu07p62K0DvTPlAJYINQQe0U
facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/artemesiablackmusic/
twitter – https://twitter.com/artemesiablack
cdbaby – https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/ArtemesiaBlack1
Kenny’s Personal Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/kenny.schick
Sabine’s Personal Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SabineHeuslerSchick
ABOUT EACH SONG on ‘GRAVITY’
1. Gravity – we are all unique but there is one thing that we all have in common – gravity. Also gravity is about how we all have flaws, some obvious some not so much, so we should be kinder to each other knowing that we are all but human, bound by something unseen – gravity.
2. Oh No – is a song that’s gone through a few changes, it started out being called Hell on Wheels, inspired by the tv show. It’s a song about not letting ‘the man’ break you in being a happy human. I might work hard but there are somethings that you cannot take from me, there is my soul that is only my own.
3. Drive – is really about being free and even though we might get ‘left’ by someone we can chose to just move on to another life, another way to be. Drive is both about leaving something bad behind and driving towards something better. It’s kind of a breakup story.
4. Before I met you – I was cool, believe it or not. You would have love me… sometimes in a relationship we lose the love you once had for one another, its a song about remembering when you loved someone, how you felt about them. Being in this relationship has changed both of you… for the worst and now you don’t love that person…
5. Devil’s in the Details – the concept of looking for the fountain of youth, and sometimes things are not as black and white as we’d like them to be…
6. Mercy – you cannot control nature, nature controls.
7. Stars – a moment in time when you realize just how small you are in the scheme of things but also how amazing you are in the scheme of things…
8. Goodbye – they are so hard especially when they are a forever goodbyes. The last words I said to my father… “this is the last time I say goodbye” – the words left my mouth and all the lights went out, it was both horrifying and comical at the same time, the last joke we shared.
9. DAWG – domestic violence can be subtle to the outside world, it’s sometimes just one moment of being witness to it, to the one experiencing it, it can creep up and grow until it becomes part of life, and then it’s the end. This is a story about a woman who realizes her situation too late.
10. Love is Slow Motion – sometimes love comes slowly, slowly enough to be witness to it, and when you then recall the moment, it was just one little moment in time. Maybe when you are older and love comes it comes more slowly.
11. Winter – the tale came one evening, it floated through the open door one winter… so they would not be forgotten.
“Each song emotes so perfectly with it’s pristine harmonies and exquisite instrumentation. Ethereal, deep and lyrically wise without an ounce of triteness.
This album is a true masterpiece!” Richard Adoradio – Hawaii
“Oh my goodness, Kenny & Sabine! You two have surpassed all my expectations and have produced one of the most beautiful albums I’ve heard in a long time… Seriously. Lisa Weitzmann – Bay Area California
“We absolutely heard a very similar spirit! … personal / unique music that does not long for certain *cliches / sounds / scenes* .. but a direct output from the heart … real .. what I call *music*! Lord Litter – German DJ
“There is a lovely, gentle haunting in them that echoes in me and compels me to return to them time and again.” Linda Dunjey – Western Australia
“10/10 Their self titled new CD has taken me by surprise and stolen my heart.”
Don Sechelski Muses Muse
All music © all rights reserved 2019 Sabine Heusler-Schick & Kenny Schick